Friday, April 4, 2008

Zeeland and Lowell High Schools-Bill

After two months at Rockford High School broken up by an incredible trip to Arctic Village it was time for me to move on. The recycling program was in place and the students made this a success. I had decided in Arctic to take yet a third year off for community service. The good Lord had opened avenues for me and they traveled through Hope Church of the Brethren. It wasn't long before Shearl at Zeeland High School. and Chris at Lowell High School contacted me saying they had been talking to John at Rockford and wanted my help beginning a recycling program. This effort effects so many in Mason Michigan, as well as across West Michigan and the ripple effect has turned to waves. I'm truly beginning to wonder which chapter will be the most exciting to write. I don't know because they have yet to play out, what I know is a year for community service isn't long enough. As it turns out I will spend four years walking paths I find amazing,amazed that the good Lord would use me as a tool this way. What I see is the change in me over ten years of service. The recycling programs that benefited teens in Central Michigan was all about me and I wanted those Gov. awards. In West Michigan I love being used as a tool to do the Lords work, and I turned down two more Gov. Special Tribute Commendations asking that they be given to Colleen. In fact, I chose not to even attend the ceremonies, or when she received an award from The Isek Walton League, along with a lifetime membership. I wanted this to be all about Colleen and it was, what a great way to end her time at Rockford.

No comments: