Friday, April 4, 2008

C. O. B.-Disaster Response Trips-Bill

Disaster Response has been near and dear to me leading up to Katrina. Since August 29' 2005 it has consumed my life. I've spent over ten months volunteering on the Gulf Coast and when I'm not on the Coast I dream of being there. I've been to Illinois, West Virginia, Ohio, Nebraska, Florida four times, Alabama three times, Mississippi in several cities for months, Louisiana three or four, I'm not sure. These trips and more to follow are such a part of my life and I have a MAN at Hope Church of the Brethren to thank for inspiring me to begin this journey of love. I won't name him (he is so humble it's sicking) but all who know me know that he has been a tireless Director for Disaster Reponse for the Church of the Brethren for forty years. Every place I go and cross paths with C.O.B. folks, they share of their times with him and his wonderful wife Violet. Yes, I said her name, she won't be angry, but he will, he is so humble. As the nameless HERO from Hope has taught me, "It's all about Love and doing the Lords work, nothing else matters".

No comments: