Friday, April 4, 2008

Federal Position Offer To A Gwichen-Bill

As Gov. Engler's third and last term came to an end many of his staffers planned to move on to Washington D. C., I was ask if my bags were packed? I had much to offer as part of the Gwich' in community as it pertains to drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. I was humbled by another Gov. Special Tribute Commendation and was told to write President Bush concerning my work in recycling and my connection with the Gwich' ins. After several drafts and a couple of weeks I sent it off on May 20 thinking I might get a reply from a staffer by the end of the year. On June 25 I received a letter from the Oval Office, it was the talk of Alto. I learned years ago how word of mouth from postal workers can help my efforts in many ways. My reasons for not excepting this position and the positive repercussions will be spelled out in my book. I am so thankful I continued this time of doing the Lords work

No comments: