Monday, April 14, 2008

The Lord and Habitat for Humanity- Bill

I am amazed at how the Lord will use us as I stumble through life. I was invited to a breakfast for many of the more experienced volunteers; we had such good fellowship before the meal. As Colleen Mahon Vandoran spoke, she uplifted the staff who helped with the meal. She was asked where the food was purchased. She said, "Gorden Foods." As Colleen left the stage and walked by, I asked, "Did you have a connection or pay full freight?" She said, "Full freight." I said, "We'll talk later." The following day I gave her a phone number saying John, a friend of mine who works for Gordan's, he's expecting your call. This started a process that led to the owner's involvement and a very large check from Gordan's for Habitat for Humanity, all because someone asked where the food had come from. There's more as well as other connections that were so beneficial to Habitat for Humanity. All that is needed is a mindset to make connections and seize opportunities for the good of our fellow man. Please think about how this can be effective in your life.

No comments: