Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Recycling Effort in Central Michingan - Bill

Dawn and I first crossed paths at the Green Spot, those from the Mt.Pleasant Michigan area know where I mean. We each shared our walks in recycling and our hopes for more public interest. I've finally realized being pushy has no positive effect,so I spent a year or so being a good volunteer. Walking into a working program in Lansing is easy, starting youth programs that interact with the public puts you against not only the public but the probationer. Parents would rather drive twenty five miles than have their child perform community service locally. This several year journey opened the eyes of people throughout Central Michigan, most importantly the youth. The " Hey Kids ya hav Ta '' concept and Tee shirts spread from school to school and aired on WCEN radio. I was given the airwaves to speak my beliefs and I was called simply horrible things for months and months. With former Gov. John Engler's help the ripple effect has turned to waves and the waves will last a lifetime. During this time came the birth of the American Recycling Foundation. This journey will be just one exciting chapter in a jaw dropping book I am writing. I found myself being fearful of how God led me each day. It took years,but now I'm joyful and humbled.

No comments: