Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My First Visit To Hope Church Of The Brethren - Bill

Gary Collier introduced me to many wonderful people in Alto Michigan like Kerry and Amy and Amy's daughter Casey. Gary and I introduced each other to many friends and the most interesting people across the country. You will find Gary in each chapter of my book, he will be a friend portrayed in many lights, no friend is perfect, certainly not me. After four years of friendship and sharing Casey invites me to Hope Church. I was sharing or maybe complaining about the church I was attending to the three of them one evening, saying the congregation was too large. I felt like cattle being herded through with no one really taking the time to get to know one another. Casey simply said '' come visit the place I've felt so loved for fifteen years", I said okay. That Sunday I arrived at Hope and found a safe place to sit and waited for Amy and Casey. No Amy no Casey, I also knew Amy's parents, Cal and Fern were not there either, I wondered if I was at the right church. Hope reminded me of the church I grew up in. This was such a good feel, I hope I'm at the right church. Pastor Doug Riechenbach made me feel so welcome, yet red faced at all the questions he ask of me. What made me realize I was at home at Hope was Ray Weiland. So if I wasn't at the church Casey grew up in, sorry Casey. Little did I know at the time, this is just where God wanted me to be and my life would be changed forever by Casey proclaiming of her love for her church. I moved to West Michigan to be used as a tool to do the Lords work and all avenues led through Hope Church of the Brethren.

No comments: