Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our Wedding

We met in March 2007 in McComb, Mississippi where Bill was a project coordinator for COB Disaster Response. Penny had traveled with a group from Pleasant Dale COB (Decatur, IN) to McComb to work during the spring break week. A work relationship was developed as our work group remodeled the bathroom at Ms. Zettie Bridges home, as well as other projects for her. Bill says that by 10:30am during the first day of work he "fell in love" with Penny. He knew that he had only five days to convey this to Penny. By the end of the week he asked Penny to "go out" with him. He stated, "If there's a will, there's a way. And, if there's a Bill there's a way." We would be a thousand miles apart when she returned to Indiana, so we were on the phone quite a bit continuing to learn more about each other. On Oct. 6, 2007 we were married at Pleasant Dale COB. On Oct.7 a small ceremony was held in our honor at Hope COB (Freeport, MI). We choose to include foot-washing at both the indoor Pleasant Dale and the outdoor Freeport ceremonies. Serving others is very important to us and we thought how better than to include Jesus' example of serving. As you can see, we spent no money on our wedding clothes wearing COB Disaster Response shirts and even going barefoot.

3 comments:

just me said...

Great Photos of the wedding. Hope COB has listed this blog address as a link under their "friends." I hope that is o.k. with you. Please send me your email address for my records. Roya

Anonymous said...

Bill, this is Charles, your friend in mcComb. I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you but i have had major medical problems in the past few months but i am moveing around a little bit now. I sure enjoyed the times that we wpent together and i really do wish that i could see some of my coffee and do-nut frinds that i met at Tom and Lindas house. I wish those times would not end. Take care. Charles Fortenberry

Anonymous said...

Bill, I didn't know that you met your wife in McComb. Now you see that your time here was not all bad. i know you got tired of having to put up with me but I am glad that we met. clarryf@bellsouth.net