Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Called to West Michigan - Bill

-By the fall of 1997 so much had happened, so much had been accomplished to me personally and for the benefit of all. I knew in my heart I was to move to Grand Rapids. Two Special Tribute Commendations from Gov. Engler and the gratitude of many policemen and teachers would make living here so easy. Yet I was pulled by the desire to start afresh and find new challenges in recycling and working with youth on probation. Gary and Carole had a couple spare bedrooms so away I went to West Michigan on a new adventure. We have been friends for twenty years and always had fun in everything we do together. For me personally things were great, I had all the carpentry work I could handle. What was missing was the reason I came to West Michigan, I've tried so many avenues to make some advances in recycling yet no real changes. I've been volunteering for weeks at a recycling outstation in Rockford, yet no connections. I'm friends with Gov. Engler, that carries weight in Beal City, not in Grand Rapids. I ran into dead end after dead end for one reason, that was Gods will. For me to be used as a tool to do the Lords work I would have to change everything.

No comments: