Monday, August 8, 2011

Research-Learning Center

The day after arriving in Fairbanks I payed a visit to Carol Lewis' office. Carol is the Dean of Research and Ag. at the Univ. of Alaska-Fairbanks. As I waited I read an article from the Fairbanks News Miner posted in the hall outside Carol's office. It spoke of phase one of a large grant the Ag. Dept. had received which brought a complete new building to the campus.Phase two would begin after the first of the year. Phase two involved research-learning centers to be built in remote regions of the state. Because of the relationship between Penny,I, and Carol the Ag. Dept. has a five year head start if Arctic Village should be chosen. We knew when we met Carol that we would keep her updated, just in case a situation like this arose. Making connections and seizing opportunities to help people is how Penny and I are used as tools.

No comments: