Thursday, August 28, 2008

Believing in the path your walking: Bill and Penny

I was just contacted by a professor from Chicago. I heard him speak on National Public Radio six months ago. I felt called to write him after hearing the years he spent on his efforts to help folks realize their potential. I shared that after a death in my life, I strayed from the life I was leading to a path of self destruction. After several years of having too much fun being unhappy, I began rewalking the same path with a whole new spirit.

He would like to write an article about Arctic Village and why I've earned seven Gov. Special Tribute Commendations. I find it amazing that in each path of service I've walked, the new people I've met are wonderful, while at the same time the people closest to me question me and my character and call me horrible things.

No comments: