Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Offer at the Fort Wayne Rescue Mission

When doing the Lord's work new opportunities come about in many forms. I pitched the idea of installing a wood shop in the new building that will be completed in 2020. This would give the men a chance to learn a new skill that's in demand not only in FT. Wayne, but nation wide.
I've been asked to come on staff six times over the past eight plus years. I've turned down taking a staff position because it just wasn't a good fit. Working at the mission teaching cabinet and furniture making would be something that fits my work experience and my personality.
Only the good Lord knows who will take a leadership role in this position three years from now, but the opportunity for men staying in the mission to learn a skill in such high demand is a win, win situation. The important thing is there will be a wood shop in the new rescue mission. 

No comments: