Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tom's Death

What a joy it is to be a part of God's plan, even if it means enduring the pain that comes with it. Tom's death was a shocker, his family has endured so much, now this. To give them comfort as a result from months of working with Tom in such a setting is wonderful. Pam's hunger to hear about her husband's transformation at the FT. Wayne Rescue Mission is one of the reasons why I was called to this act of service. How he came to call Christmas Day of 2009 the most meaningful Christmas speaks to Penny's loving heart. Because of my reservation to Penny being there Christmas morning speaks to how I need to trust and not bring my feelings and fears as part of my service life. Jiggs Miller pointed this out to me in Halem, Neb. in 2004 as we built a house for Pat. Pat's house was destroyed by a tornado. Penny also worked on Pat's house three years before we met. What a joy it is to be a part of God's plan.

No comments: