Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pitfall to avoid: Bill

It's amazing how doing a good deed can bring misunderstandings. Even in the best of circumstances, you can find yourself in bad situations, as I did this morning. I feel I handled myself well and avoided a confrontation without appearing weak. Minutes later, I over heard several black guys speaking of a white volunteer who didn't handle his situation well, and he did show weakness. He lost their respect forever while becoming prey to the stronger, if he ever returns, hopefully he won't.
A couple of the same black guys uplifted me for the extra work I did to make their job easier in the name of team work. They know I'm there to work and will stand up for myself. I made a couple more friends in a place where opening yourself up is so difficult to do.

No comments: